A query about list

Santanu Chatterjee santanu at softhome.net
Thu Oct 9 17:39:19 EDT 2003

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:17:25 +0200, Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Why do you have such a data structure in the first place? Can't it be
> avoided?

Well, maybe, but I was trying to get an entire file into a list with
the ASCII values of the characters in binary form (not actually 'binary'
but as a list containing 8 1s and 0s) as its contents, then expand the
lists in place to get a long stream of 1s and 0s for some mathematical
operation.
Dave provided a simple solution which should have occurred to me in the
first place :)

Thanks, anyway.

Regards,
Santanu