Installation of Python 2.3 on Windows 95

Don donorr at fcc-online.org
Sun Oct 19 20:54:10 EDT 2003

We have attempted several times to install Python 2.3 on a Windows 95
system. Each time, at the end  of the install the following error is
displayed:

Error in installer script.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\FinishInstall.py", line 101, ApplyEntryPoint
    apply(ep,args)
  File "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\FinishInstall.py", line 82, in
DoCompileAllAndRegisterCOM FindDuplicates(mod,dir)
  File "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\FinishInstall.py", line 143, in FindDuplicates
    import win32api
ImportError:DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not
functioning.

On attempting to run PythonWin, we get the following error:

The application cannot locate win32ui.pyd (or Python)(1157)
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be
located.

I have uninstalled Python, rebooted, reinstalled and the same thing
keeps happening.

I have searched and searched for these errors and cannot find the
problem.

Thank you in advance.

Don