Need pointers on building stand-alone application plug-in that calls Python scripts.

Read Roberts rroberts at adobe.com
Wed Oct 15 15:24:33 EDT 2003

I would like to build  a plug-in for the Adobe InDesign program, that
uses Python but does not require the user to have previously
installed Python.

I suspect that an efficient path to this ideal is use the 'freeze'
tool to build a directory of all the objects I need to run the Python
scripts. and them modify the C code main program entry points to
convert the executable to a dynamically loadable library, for both
Mac OS X and Windows 2000.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a reasonable approach, or
suggest a better development path to the product?