easy eval() fix?

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Fri Oct 17 12:20:36 EDT 2003

Quoting Bengt Richter (bokr at oz.net):
> Maybe looking into what the compiler produces? E.g.,

Wow! Much better, and I like your solution. Unfortunately, I went from
"stuck on 1.5.2" to "stuck on 2.1.3" so no compiler module. At least
it's an improvement.

I have this feeling I could somehow extract most of this information
from the ASTs produced by the parser, but it would be a challenge. I'm
leaning toward John Roth's "build a little state machine" particularly
since I think I can do that with some regular expressions, and if it
becomes necessary, do THAT in C.

Of course this is all a great deal of work to circumvent situations
where things weren't done "the right way" the first time around. I may
have a go at scoping out "the right way" first.

Thanks everyone for your help!

--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Whenever people agree with me I always
<geoff at gerrietts net>     feel I must be wrong." --Oscar Wilde