IDE Python

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Wed Oct 1 01:52:05 EDT 2003

"Irmen de Jong" <irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3f79f9b0$0$58706$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl...
> jean.kasapyan wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I search Python IDE with Code Intellisense
>
> There are various:
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments
>
> I've seen PythonWin, Komodo, WingIde.
> (but I'm using vim/UltraEdit myself... and sometimes PythonWin.)
>
> But keep in mind that powerful 'intellisense'
> is impossible in such a dynamic language as Python...

WingIDE does a considerable good job here. It "intellisenses" all methods of
an object, if it knows its type. If you come from C++ you will ensure that
"automatically".

class LittleKid:
   def openDoor(self, visitor):
      assert isinstance(visitor, Goat) # Ensure it's ma and not the wolf
      # From here Wing IDE knows that visitor is a Goat and not a Wolf

The next version is said to support calltips.

Kind Regards
Franz GEIGER