py2exe & pyxml

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 16 01:53:09 EDT 2003

"Mike Thompson" <none by e-mail> writes:

> [...]
[...]

> But, Martin, there's absolutely no mention of 'expat' in this entire
> document, much less that section. So, how on earth was the advice
> 'RTFM' to help?

Reading alone is not enough - you also have to understand what you
read.

I say "You have to explicitly ask py2exe to include pyexpat in the
executable", and the documentation says

"Flags to include or exclude modules or packages:

--includes or -i list
    comma separated list of modules to include.
    Note that includes overrides excludes
"

You have to combine these, and come up with a strategy of including
pyexpat.

I did not say that the documentation says that you have to include
pyexpat. However, in reading the documentation, you should learn *how*
you include pyexpat.

> In the end, I was able to find an answer by stepping through code
> with a debugger to find the module which wasn't being included. THAT
> ('xml.sax.drivers2.drv_pyexpat') was the unknown. THAT was the
> information sort, by the original poster, I'm sure. If it wasn't
> then they needed a lot more hand-holding than you're terse abuse.

Ok, that may be the case - so you would have to include
xml.sax.drivers2.drv_pyexpat as well.

Regards,
Martin