In need of c.l.p.discussion

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Fri Oct 17 06:04:10 EDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:38:29 -0700, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
[...]
>So the proper solution here for you is to simply use your newsreader to
>filter out the threads that you don't want to read.  The type of
>filtering you want is much better done on a per-reader basis, not
>globally.

It strikes me that something could be done to make filtering more effective.
Maybe adding a marker and/or a keyword line to particularly good posts. I.e.,
those that explain something unusually well, or present something easy to miss
in the docs, or report bug status and demonstrate the bug. Etc.

[OT] in the subject line helps a little. Likewise [ANN] etc. (Is there an official
collection of these?)

Maybe someone with too much time can come up with a clpy-code rating for clpy posts,
analogous to geek-code. Just kidding.

But when a thread winds up with a "keeper" maybe we could mark it [keeper] some place?
Keeping in mind googlability.

What's a good keyword list to choose from to classify posts?

Regards,
Bengt Richter