A startup puzzle

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Thu Oct 2 11:59:06 EDT 2003

> Okay, I won't discuss, I'll just tell you that this is a recipe for
> giving yourself a headache.

The more I think about this remark, the more I tend to agree with you.  What
I said about not having trouble with "from leoGlobals import *" is true, and
yet...

The problem isn't so much the present namespace pollution, the problem is
that the technique doesn't extend well.  There comes a point at which there
are just too many names to keep track of.  So if I were managing a group of
programmers (thank goodness I'm not :-) I would tend to disapprove of what I
have done.

Still, I don't see a perfect alternative.  For sure I wouldn't like to put a
g. in front of hundreds or thousands of function calls.  I suppose that this
is the kind of thing one would be forced to do in slightly larger
projects...Any other ideas?

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines