Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme (fwd)

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Sat Oct 4 22:15:29 EDT 2003

Hans Nowak <hans at zephyrfalcon.org> wrote:
|>     >>> def foo(i, accum=[0]):
|>     ...     accum[0]+=i
|Yah, but instead it abuses a relatively obscure Python feature... the
|fact that default arguments are created when the function is created

In the Acknowledgments to my book, take a look at my thanks to Magnus
Lie Hetland :-).  The online version is at:

    http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/acknowledgments.txt

(of course, I always encourage everyone to buy the dead trees too).
That said, I think I actually did wind up doing what Magnus told me to.

Yours, David...

--
 mertz@   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:_/_/_/_/ v i
gnosis  _/_/                    Postmodern Enterprises         _/_/  s r