Newbie needs to see a large project

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at pandora.be
Tue Oct 7 09:13:56 EDT 2003

John Fabiani wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have been checking Python recently and have presented what little I know
> to mangement.  They have asked if there is any large business apps (like an
> accounting system) using python and what the performance is like.  We would
> be running on Linux with a large database (maybe postgres or mysql) of 3-5
> Gbytes.  We would be moving from a windows platform(foxpro apps) to Linux
> (python).  About 50 users total.  Thanks in advance....

Quote from the www.python.org homepage:

"Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and
remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google
engineers use Python, and we're looking for more people with skills in
this language." said Peter Norvig, director of search quality at Google,
Inc."

Google may not be a large business app, it surely is a huge database,
and the performance of Google is excellent. It's a pity they don't
mention what they use Python for.