Science is a human activity (was: Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme)

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz spamtrap at library.lspace.org.invalid
Tue Oct 14 14:38:42 EDT 2003

In <odbmovck6v38onq2ufum0obkf9n2n9gsvc at 4ax.com>, on 10/13/2003
   at 06:03 PM, David C. Ullrich <ullrich at math.okstate.edu> said:

>Well it certainly _can_ be formalized. (Have you any experience with
>_axiomatic_ Euclidean geometry?

That's not the same thing as formalized. Such authors as Hilbert left
out steps that were formally necessary but would have obscured the
reader's understanding.

Unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action.  I reserve
the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do
not reply to spamtrap at library.lspace.org