Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Rene van Bevern rvb at rvb.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 5 04:04:10 EDT 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 13:11:49 +0100, David Rush <drush at aol.net> wrote:
> Emacs. I've noticed over the years that people don't really get Emacs
> religion until they've started hacking elisp. I know that the frustration
> of having almost-but-not-quite the behavior I wanted on top of having all
> that source code was a powerful incentive for me to learn Lisp. Of course
> my apreciation of Emacs only increased as I went...

hm. i really like LISP, but still don't get through emacs. After i
learned a bit LISP i wanted to try it again, and again i failed ;) i
know vim from the in- and out- side and just feel completely lost in
emacs.

i also like vim with gtk2 support more. not because of menu or toolbar,
which are usually switched off in my config, but because of antialiased
letters. I just don't like coding with bleeding eyes anymore ;)

*to me* vim just looks and feels much more smooth than emacs, so i don't
think that hacking LISP influences the choice of the editor much. it of
course makes people *try* Emacs because of its LISP support.

	Rene