Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

Marshall Spight mspight at dnai.com
Sat Oct 25 04:46:52 EDT 2003

"Pascal Costanza" <costanza at web.de> wrote in message news:bncp01$au7$1 at newsreader2.netcologne.de...
> Marshall Spight wrote:
> >
> > The above code in Java would fail at runtime. What do you think it
> > ought to do? What would it do in Python? How is this superior to
> > what Java does? Do you consider this a real-world example?
>
> You should be able to choose unique names in the first place. The
> problem Java has here is that there is no safe way to avoid that in
> general. There is a risk of name clashes here.

Grrr. You didn't answer any of my questions. (Except the one
about Python, for which you said you didn't know.) Or maybe
your response is meant to be an answer to one or more of
them, only I can't tell which or how.

I'm having a hard time following you. Also, you seem to be
shifting what you're talking about quite frequently, which
makes me suspicious.

At this stage I've entirely lost track of the thread. Ah, well.

> > Does the fact that you didn't respond to the other items
> > in my post mean you are no longer holding the position that ...
>
> No.

I didn't think so. :-)

Marshall