Error in the email module documentation ?

Adrien Di Mascio Adrien.DiMascio at logilab.fr
Fri Oct 3 03:19:18 EDT 2003

Hi all,

While reading the email module documentation, I found an error in a
small example given for the as_string() method of the Message class:
Here is the given code :

   from cStringIO import StringIO
   from email.Generator import Generator
   fp = StringIO()
   g = Generator(mangle_from_=False, maxheaderlen=60)
   g.flatten(msg)
   text = fp.getvalue()

The Generator constructor should take the StingIO instance as first
argument, am I wrong ?

Although this is only a small mistake, I think it should always
be fixed.

If I've missed something or if this error have already been reported,
just forget my mail.

Cheers,

--
Adrien Di Mascio