Why don't people like lisp?

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Tue Oct 21 04:31:57 EDT 2003

In article <fbf8d8f2.0310202328.221ab96e at posting.google.com>,
 danbmil99 at yahoo.com (dan) wrote:

> ps on the topic -- any language that *requires* bloatware like Emacs
> in order to use is already out of the running.  I wrote my first large
> Python program in Wordpad.

~bruce$ ls -l `which emacs`
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  4596224 Sep 24 04:29 /usr/bin/emacs
~bruce$ ls -l /Applications/Microsoft\ Office\ X/Microsoft\ Word
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bruce  admin  10568066 Sep 26  2002
/Applications/Microsoft Office X/Microsoft Word

Uhh, dude ... emacs is less than half the size of Word...
Sorry, don't have Wordpad on this Mac.

And don't bother to quote me the size of Wordpad on W2k or XP ... most
of it is built into the operating system, just as IE and WMP and the
rest of them are.

-- Bruce