Could a single web framework popularize Python?

Dave Benjamin dave at 3dex.com
Mon Oct 6 22:36:03 EDT 2003

ted wrote:

> I'm just staring out with Python and it looks great.

Good to hear. =)

> But I'm wondering why there isn't a dominant web framework besides Zope?

Well, mostly because there are so many available web frameworks for
Python that nobody can agree on which one is best. Zope and Webware seem
to be the most popular. Then, there's Twisted, which is (I'd say) the
dominant/most popular general-purpose networking framework for Python.

> I think if Python had something along the lines of a Jakarta Tomcat that was
> actively developed, it would help popularize Python.

I'd take mod_python over Tomcat in a heartbeat. Give me real Apache or
give me... well, another webserver besides Tomcat. =)

Peace,
Dave