Automating IE 6.0

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Oct 25 10:13:54 EDT 2003

EricP wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to print from IE 6.0 using Python's Win32all
> com library.
> When I do
>
> from win32com.client import Dispatch
> from time import sleep
> ie = Dispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
> ie.Visible = 1
> ie.Navigate("http://www.cnn.com")
> if ie.Busy:
>     sleep(2)
>
> and then interactly look for methods by using the ie. (dot) approach there
> are very few objects and non that relate to the tool bar or commands.  How
> do I expose the IE object library and which object library do I inspect to
> see the objects and methods avaiable to me.

This isn't really a Python question, although someone might have examples
that already work.

Usually you need to go to the MSDN (MS Developer Network) pages and
read up on the IE object model there.

Do let us know if you find the answer, though, so it can be found in
the mailing list archives.

-Peter