Is it any good?

Tux mmoum at woh.rr.com
Mon Oct 27 19:35:11 EST 2003

Tim Ronning wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I wonder if I could get some feedback from the list on a Python book I'm
> about to order from the net. The book is called "Python How to Program" by
> Deithel & Deithel. Issued on Prentice Hall 2002. I'm not an experienced
> Python programmer and I'm looking for a comprehensive but also an
> "understandable" book. I'm also open for suggestions.
>
> Best regards
>
> Tim Ronning

I highly recommend the Visual Quickstart Guide book titled Python by Chris
Fehily.  It's very clear, with lots and lots of good, short illustrative
examples.  It doesn't cover everything, but is an excellent starter book,
and once you've covered the material it present, you'll probably be able to
get whatever else you need from the online docs at python.org.

Mike