Presentation software written in python

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sat Oct 18 02:22:15 EDT 2003

Chris Stiles:

> Some time ago I attended a course (run by Island Training I think)
> where
> the instructor used some 'written in python' to project a
> slideshow/presentation over a network onto multiple laptops
> simultaneously -
> so each attendee could follow the course.  As I recall it included
> basic
> animation as well as the standard text bullet points.
>
> I've looked at the usual sources (freshmeat et al) and can't find
> anything
> like this, does this ring a bell with anyone ?

Apart from the animation part it could have been PythonPoint,
perhaps? It produces PDFs which you have to distribute your-
self on multiple screens, though. ;-) I've used it quite a
lot for my own presentations, which you can find here (inclu-
ding a reference to PythonPoint):

   http://python.net/~gherman/Presentations.html

If it really had animations, maybe it was something based on
PyGame?

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman - http://python.net/~gherman
"I once asked Ivan, 'How is it possible for you to have invented