Python-related conferences?

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 2 19:31:06 EDT 2003

Michael Teter:
> Can anyone point me toward some list of conferences?  I'm looking for
> Python, possibly Zope, possibly Plone, and even other modern web and
> system development topics.

PyCon DC 2004
http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/
About 1/2 Zope/web and 1/2 "other"

OSCON (can't find a site for next year's conference)

The Plone conference is in a couple weeks
http://plone.org/events/conferences/1

EuroPython is being planned.  I think the idea
is to meet in Gothenburg, Sweden in Aug of next year.
http://europython.org/
About 1/2 Zope/web and 1/2 "other"

There are other things you can find, like there was a
Zope BBQ in Germany last year, and there are local
meetings like local python user group meetings which
talk Zope.

Personally, I'm surprised at just how many people use
Python through Zope, given how little I use that tool.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com