BIG successes of Lisp

mike420 at ziplip.com mike420 at ziplip.com
Tue Oct 14 11:58:30 EDT 2003

Ivan Toshkov wrote:

> Besides, when I read the description of orbiz, I was with the
> impression, that they prealocated the memory for just that reason: to
> remove the need for garbage collection.

An why would anyone do something this gross to optimize something
that is *not* a real bottleneck? Think when you read. The fact is,
they still had close their whole web site for maintenance every
once in a while (I never said if it was a supercomputer cluser or
a DOS machine) I added "AFAIK" qualifier because it *may*
be an old and already resolved issue.

Edi Weitz and Joe Marshall, you may stop kissing ass now. You
need brains to work for ITA, not lips.