Why don't people like lisp?

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Sat Oct 25 01:31:22 EDT 2003

Quoth "Rainer Deyke" <rainerd at eldwood.com>:
| I understand both the specification and the implementation of finalization
| in Python, as well as the reasoning behind them.  My point is, I would
| prefer it if Python guaranteed immediate finalization of unreferenced
| objects.  Maybe I'll write a PEP about if someday.

Write code first!  I think most would see it as a good thing,
but I have the impression from somewhere that a guarantee of
immediate finalization might not be a practical possibility,
given reference cycles etc.  Between that and the fact that the
present situation is close enough that few people care about the
difference, an implementation would really help your cause.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com