Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Erann Gat my-first-name.my-last-name at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 10 02:34:22 EDT 2003

In article <tLphb.4805$dn6.3423 at newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, "Andrew
Dalke" <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote:

> (I really am trying to stop posting to this thread.  Really I am.)
>
> Erann Gat:
> > If you have no ambitions beyond writing
> > yet-another-standard-web-app then macros are not for you.  But if your
> > goals run grander than that then the extra leverage that you get from
> > things like macros becomes very precious indeed.
>
> Fiddlesticks.

I should have said "can become" instead of "becomes".  Obviously some
things, even some grandly ambitious things, are best done without macros.
But not all of them.  (Also, I thought I was posting to comp.lang.lisp,
not comp.lang.python, when I wrote the preceding post.  Forgot to pay
attention to the followup-to header.  It was not my intention to start a
flamewar.)

E.