GDB + pdb

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 24 16:11:21 EDT 2003

Colin Fox <cfox_usenet at crystalcherry.net> wrote:
> I realize this isn't exactly on-topic, but I'm not sure where else to ask.
>
> Does anyone know how to get ddd working with python? The ddd docs mention
> that you need to use pydb instead of just pdb, but I can't find a
> stand-alone version of pydb - just .deb files (and I'm on gentoo).
>
> It would sure be nice to have a source level debugger like ddd working
> with python. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, if you've found the .deb then you can also get the source
package and then compile it for yourself on your gentoo system.

Another approach, since you've found the .deb, is to unpack it (it's
just an 'ar' archive containing two tarballs and a file or two) and
read the documentaiton to find out where the code comes from.

(speaking only from my debian experience since I have none with pydb)

-D

--
Consider what God has done:
    Who can straighten what He has made crooked?

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/