type checking

sashan mabus at operamail.com
Sat Oct 11 22:56:19 EDT 2003

I'm a Python newbie. I have been using c++ for 5 years and before that I
  was programming in Pascal. The one thing that annoys me about python
is dynamic typing because I find myself making typographical errors of
the sort that would under C++ be picked up by the compiler at compiler
time.  With Python I have to wait for the error to appear at runtime in
order for me to correct it. I find this inefficient. Any advice about
how to get around this would be appreciated.