Accessing a USB Device?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Mon Oct 13 00:09:53 CEST 2003

On Sun, 11 Oct 2003, Fazer wrote:

> I have a MP3 and I want to access the songs in them.  I was wondering
> if Python could help me do that.  I understand that this can be done
> using Linux by mountig it as a file system, but I am not on Linux and
> this is mainly for a Windows platform.  Can anyone shed some light?

Just plug the thing in and access it as a removable drive (which is all
mounting it as a filesystem really is).  You should be able to view the
MP3s with Windows Explorer

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia