Tkinter and Print command

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Mon Oct 13 11:06:42 EDT 2003

"Rachel.Vaudron" <rachel at servlaz.unice.fr>

> After a long time searching into the downloadable documentations, I wonder
> if there's a dialog addition to Tkinter witch launch a print box?

They main issue is that Tk cannot print at all, so what use do you have for
a print box?

A Canvas widget can output PostScript to a file, but tscaling is somwhat.

If you need printable documents, you will get good results with PDF using
ReportLab. Note that you have to do all the rendering yourself, but
ReportLab has a lot of features and PostScript is *very* flexible.

Kindly
MichaelP