Python module for making org charts?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Mon Oct 13 14:14:41 EDT 2003

John J. Lee wrote:

> Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman at rexx.com> writes:

[snip]
> No, it was primarily an answer to the "how to create" question.
> The data structure / objects part looks easy, glancing at a few
> examples
> on the web.  Am I wrong?
>

>> Related question -- Is there support for a digraph (directed
>> graph)
>> *editor* in Python?  I'd like to be able to edit state diagrams
> [...]
>
> A GUI editor, you mean?

Right.  I'd like to be able to (1) drop down bubbles/circles
(states), (2) connect then with arrows (transitions), (3) drag the
bubbles and watch the arrows stretch, (4) annotate the bubbles
(with names and comments) and arrows (with conditions and actions),
and (5) save the FSM as XML.

I can edit the XML representation of an FSM with my text editor
now.  But, I'd like to be able to do it in a GUI editor.  And, if
that GUI editor had connections of some sort to some kind of CASE
tools so much the better.  PyUt + UML would seem to have that, but
PyUt does not support state transition diagrams.

I'm also investigating Leo.  It's an outline/tree editor.  That does
give some support for structure, but still does not let one "see"
the connections (arrows, transitions).

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman