Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 13:53:47 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli wrote:
> ... I do believe that the
> divergence problem has more to do with human nature and sociology, and
> that putting in a language features that encourage groups and subgroups
> of users to diverge that language ....

Can someone write a nifty Python hack to figure out how many times
Lispniks have tried to get Alex to explain how macros are any different
than high-order functions or new classes when it comes to The Divergence
Problem? I love that we have given it a name, by the way.

One popular macro is WITH-OUTPUT-TO-FILE. My budding RoboCup starter kit
was a vital WITH-STD-ATTEMPT macro. Oh god, no! I need to see the ANSI
Lisp commands for these things so I can really understand them. Better
yet...

why not the disassembly? preferably without meaningful symbols from the
HLL source. I think we are finally getting somewhere with TDP. Those
high order classes, functions, and macros keep me from seeing what is
really going on. Now if I could only see the microcode....

:)

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: