Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 14:27:15 EDT 2003

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Of the 6 languages there are two major misorderings.
> First, C actually ended up easier to use than Java or C++.
> (which is strange since you would think C++ would be
> at least as good as C), and second, Tcl actually ends up
> much better.

Personally, I'm not surprised that, for a sufficiently simple
problem, C's simplicity makes its users more productive
than the users of (particularly) C++ in all of its glory.  Sure,
the C solution might have been adopted in C++, but once
having gone to the trouble to learn a 10-times-bigger language,
the temptation is obvious to strive and find ways use SOME of
those extra 9 helpings, no?-)

Alex