distutils question->when do install, says header (.h) file is an unknown file type!?!?!

Lukasz Pankowski lupan at zamek.gda.pl
Fri Oct 10 08:27:21 EDT 2003

seberino at spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:

> I have a program that has Python and C code.
>
> I added Extension stuff to setup.py and all .c and .h
> files get into tarball fine.
>
> (I have something like Extension("foo", glob.glob("bar/*.[ch]") )
>
> When I try to INSTALL the package it says header (.h)
> file is an unknown type.  How fix this???
>
> Chris

Do not include your header files in Extension (their not supported
there), if you want to distribute them with your extension, add them
to setup call, as in

    setup(..., headers=['bcsim/bcsim.h'])

if you only need them to build your extension (for source
distributions and rpms) include them in MANIFEST.in instead.

--

=*= Lukasz Pankowski =*=