Is there a JavaMail analog?

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Thu Oct 9 09:41:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:30:08AM -0700, Joshua wrote:
> Ive playedw ith the standard pop3 and imap and nntp and smtp modules
> but am unconvinced -- I would like to find a more sophisticated email
> handling API like JavaMail (from which I hope to convert). Can anyone
> recommend anything? (Ive gone through some o fhte stuff from the
> Vaults of Parnussus and some of the stuff in the PyPI but am as of yet
> unable to find something worthwhile.
>
> Anyhelp is greatlya ppreciated, thanks in advance,

  Twisted has a lot of mail-related APIs.  I've never used JavaMail, so I'm
not exactly sure what you're looking for.  The "sophistication" of the APIs
varies a bit across protocols (but as a general metric, the more complex the
protocol, the higher-level the API).  Check it out:

    http://www.twistedmatrix.com/

  Jp