Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

Diez B. Roggisch nospam-deets at web.de
Mon Oct 20 07:44:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

> Anyway, I'm not advocating incompatible changes to the language
> (that's unrealistic). I'm saying people should be kicked in the nuts when
> they try to design their own languages unless they already know a few
> *smart* languages (Lisp, Haskell, etc.). Java, C#, Pascall and Basic are
> not smart. Also, since many Pythonista aren't programmers, and may never
> learn such smart languages, my aim was to give them a little perspective.
> You, Pythonista, are like naive little children who have to be
> taught about the world, while Haskellers and Lispers are
> experienced old men.

Thanks for your insight. May I quote from the website behind your
email-domain:

"A key competitive advantage for ZipLip is the ability to quickly and easily
develop and customize applications, For large enterprises, these features
are of paramount importance where solutions are molded to the existing
process and not vice versa. In addition, since Java and J2EE are now
adopted en masse by the enterprise market, the Java/J2EE-based ZipLip
platform becomes highly desirable since it can integrate easily to other
e-commerce and m-commerce applications within the enterprise"

Seems like your own words don't count much at ziplip - might be the reason
you have to cry out your frustration into the face of some other people.
Like little children do....

Diez