Installing MySQLdb under Cygwin

Perflubron pih00 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 05:51:57 EDT 2003

Hi Jason,

> The "__Fv" is the name mangling produced by g++.  Try again with gcc.
> Or, add 'extern "C"' to the init function definition.  What does objdump
> indicate now?

g++ with extern "C" does not compile at first attempt. With gcc, I
overcame the "initializer element is not constant errors" by setting
the elements of the struct after creating it, e.g:

_mysql_ConnectionObject_Type.tp_alloc = &PyType_GenericAlloc;

But the objdump is still the same:
        ba58       52  mysql_init
        [   0] init_mysql

I've given up on using MySQLdb under Cygwin. I instead installed the
Windows version of Python and MySQLdb, and will use that combination
for certain scripts.

Thanks for all your help!

Per