Windows 2.3.2 install corrupt on python.org?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Oct 3 20:14:33 EDT 2003

>>> Bert Hyman wrote
> In news:Xns940990AC1CBEBVeebleFetzer at 209.98.13.60 Bert Hyman
> <bert at visi.com> wrote:
>
> > Under WinXP Pro, my install of the Windows 2.3.2 fails with an I/O
> > error. I downloaded it three times and got the same errors each time.
>
> Following up to my own post, after downloading from "ftp.python.org" using
> a real FTP client, I got a clean install.

What did you download it with the first time? The HTTP download and FTP
download are exactly the same file, so if there's a breakage, it's either
in your client, or else something very strange is going on with the python.org
machine. Since I've not had piles of screaming email, I'm going to tend to
believe that it's a client issue.

Anthony