Tkinter isn't permanently ugly (was: python applications deployement)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Oct 15 21:10:41 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.79.1066079591.2192.python-list at python.org>, I hinted:
>> From jepler at dsndata.com Mon Oct 13 15:53:13 2003
>> 		.
>> .. somebody want to tell me how to *use* that file?  I just get 'can't
>> find package starkit' when I try to execute it with tclsh8.4 or wish8.4.
>
>> Jeff
>
>Does <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/HowDoIUse > leave any questions?

I thought of a different way to say this:  'know how Pythoneers
are good about exploiting the "if __name__ == '__main__'" idiom
to share modules that also execute standalone to self-test or
demonstrate?  That's one of the habits with *.kit files too.
Brian's starkit is both a loadable package, *and* a demonstration
of that package, rolled into one.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net