executable from py

Anand Pillai pythonguy at Hotpop.com
Tue Oct 21 04:20:02 EDT 2003

Macmillan Installer works on both Windoze and Linux (i guess unices also)
but py2exe is a windows-only solution as of the latest release.

If you want a generic packaging solution use Mcmillan, but
if you are a M$ slave (excuse the expression!), then I suggest
py2exe since it's learning curve is rather smaller when compared
to McMillan. The only problem you might face is it's lack of
customization options. It allows optimization of executables
and some other hacks but seems to have lots of problems with
non-ascii strings. (--force-import encodings etc...).

-Anand