GIL in the new glossary

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Oct 3 20:48:50 EDT 2003

Andrew Dalke wrote:

> The select loop is single threaded.  Twisted supports
> multithreading, but it isn't required that you use it.  That
> multithreading code has the same limitations as Python,
> because Python is almost pure Python code.
          ^^^^^^
You mean Twisted, of course.

And I think the "almost" is wrong: it's 100% pure Python.

At least, I took the directory tree from my Windows machine and
copied it to a Linux box, rather than dig up a Twisted .tgz to
put on Linux, and everything that *I* was using ran fine.  And
I think the "Twistedistas"** say from time to time that it is pure
Python, without qualification.

-Peter

** Okay, what's the equivalent to Pythonista for a Twisted, uh, person?