Building Python 2.3 on HP-UX 10.20 - pthread failure

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sun Oct 5 20:45:10 EDT 2003

>>> Dan Cescato wrote
> > I've been using HP's "test drive" systems for this - they don't appear
> > to have a HP/UX 10 system there, so I'm afraid I can't offer more
> > specific help.
>
> The bummer is that I work for a small software company, and some
> customers are still on these creaky old systems.  What we won't do for
> a customer whose check clears the bank...

I'm pretty sure none of the folks on python-dev have access to a HP/UX 10
system. So there's three possibilities for getting this fixed:

. Since you have access to such a system, figure out what needs to be changed
  and supply a patch to the SF tracker
. Make a HP/UX 10 system available to someone who can fix the problem
. Convince HP to add a HP/UX 10 system to the test drive farm.

It's virtually impossible for someone to fix this who doesn't have access
to a system to work on the problem. I have access to only HP/UX 11 systems,
so I can only make sure python builds out of the box on those systems. (For
instance, I'm following up with HP on a couple of issues on the HP/UX on
Itanium platform to get bugs on the platform fixed.)

Anthony