Iterative numerical optimizaiton routines?

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at removethis.ted.ericsson.dk
Wed Oct 29 09:18:43 EST 2003

"Robert Kern" <kern at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message
news:bnmjco$ok5$1 at naig.caltech.edu...

> I think his point was that SciPy does indeed run on Python 2.3, as I can
> happily confirm.

Do Tell - How did you get it to install? On my distribution known as:

"Python 2.3 (#46, Jul 29 2003, 18:54:32) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32" the installer refuses to run,  rudely demanding Python 2.2.

PS: I am disinclined to build from source on Windows because I have *enough*
company-mandated crud on my win32 box already - Linux would of course be a
different thing; but I haven't got a Linux box at the moment.