Python/Wx dot net

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Oct 9 00:24:58 EDT 2003

Larry goodman <larry_Goodman at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>        This is stale hearsay, but I thought I'd read once that only VC++, in
>>the .NET version of VS, still had a native code capability (probably
>>just for the creation of drivers, et al) -- but you had to set an
>>option for that, and as soon as you did, you /lost/ all access to the
>>.NET framework.
>
>Im pretty sure you can mix managed and unmanage code even in the same
>unit in c++.net

No, not easily, depending on how you define "unit".  The original poster is
correct.  Remember that Managed C++ emits MSIL, not x86 assembler, and
requires the Common Language Runtime to even get started.

An MC++ program can certainly call into unmanaged C++ DLLs, but you can't
link to unmanaged C++ object files.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.