Microsoft Access read from linux python

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Wed Oct 29 23:05:09 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:10:43 +0100, David ROBERT wrote:
> I've read a lot of things about mxODBC, iODBC and so on,
> but I'm still very confused, It looks like it is _not_
> possible.

One thing to be wary of is that there is no ODBC module in Python, so
you will need to read the copyright license of any third-party module
you choose to use.

The mxODBC module (as made by eGenix) is certainly not licensed as free
software:

    <http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html#Copyright>

--
 \           "If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your |
  `\      horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back |