Concurrency models (was: Timer)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Tue Oct 28 08:52:05 EST 2003

In article <ycsnb.57562$e5.2124785 at news1.tin.it>,
Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
			.
>Note that, in Python, you have that 'after' available any time
>you're running a Tkinter GUI: any Tkinter widget has an 'after'
>method that takes a delay (in milliseconds), a callable object,
>and optionally some arguments, and schedules the callable to
>be called with those arguments after that delay.
>
>It works a charm, btw.
			.
			.
			.
I want to refine Alex' description:  it's possible to
use after with only the slenderest connection to a
Tkinter GUI.  You can "import Tkinter", and exploit
after(), without ever having to make Tkinter widgets
or windows visible on the screen.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net