error:missing libtix.so.0

anuradha.k.r at sify.com anuradha.k.r at sify.com
Wed Oct 1 05:22:24 EDT 2003

hi,
   I have a problem with installing tkinter*.rpm file.I am using a
redhat linux 8.0 machine.I have python2.2 available in my
machine,however tkinter is not present.(i guess it was not checked
during pyton installation)I checked up the net and found one of these
rpm files which seems can be installed "tkinter-2.2.1-17.i386.rpm".
I tried rpm -Uvh tkinter-2.2.1-17.i386.rpm.(i also tried rpm -i,ivh
etc,whatever i know to get it installed).
i get following error libtix.so.0 missing.
so what shud i be doing now?how can i get tkinter installed?can
someone get me a solution pls.
thanx,
Akr.