Why don't people like lisp?

Drazen Gemic dgemic at net.net
Sat Oct 25 11:31:50 EDT 2003

> Python doesn't try (too) hard to change the ordinary manner of thinking,
> just to be as transparent as possible. I guess in that sense it encourages a
> degree of mental sloth, but the objective is executable pseudocode.  Lisp

I have started with Python because I needed a fast way to develop
solutions using OO. Python fullfiled my expectations.

The point is that I have started with Python because I was missing
something, not because I wanted to expand my knowledge.

Learning one programming language is a burden, because there is always to
little time for everything.

Lisp is probably cool, but what will I gain from Lisp ? What will
justify my investment, I mean spent time ?

                                      DG