Bug in strptime?

Henk-Jan de Jong henkjan at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 29 14:27:40 EST 2003

Hello Tim,

I'm trying to make a generic routine for date-conversions. In my example the
format changes from dd-mm-yyyy to ddmmyyyy. I'm doing lots of
data-conversions, so a next time I maybe want to convert ddmmyyyy to
yyyymmdd or whatever. Furtermore the conversion-rules are described in an
xml-file for automatic processing:

eg. xml-description of the field in infile:
.
.
<field format="%d-%m-%Y"></field>
.
.
xml-description of the field in oufile:
.
.
 <field format="%Y%m%d"></field>
.
.

If there is less complex way to get it done, I'd be interested to see how. I
bought my first Python book last weekend, so I've a lot to learn :))

Greetinx

Matuka

news:t8pupvk00tth0dat7b5oos7l7kvj59r44n at 4ax.com...