Could a single web framework popularize Python?

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 7 07:54:46 EDT 2003

"Dave Benjamin" <dave at 3dex.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
nEpgb.18499$%o6.17920 at news1.central.cox.net...
> ted wrote:
>
> > I'm just staring out with Python and it looks great.
>
> Good to hear. =)
>
> > But I'm wondering why there isn't a dominant web framework besides Zope?
>
> Well, mostly because there are so many available web frameworks for
> Python that nobody can agree on which one is best. Zope and Webware seem
> to be the most popular. Then, there's Twisted, which is (I'd say) the
> dominant/most popular general-purpose networking framework for Python.

Twisted is *not* a web publishing framework. It's a low level protocol
framework, in the same family of packages as Medusa.
Or I missed something :o)

--Gilles