Why don't people like lisp?

David Steuber david.steuber at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 17:18:21 EDT 2003

Ville Vainio <ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi> writes:

> I only use Emacs Lisp. I have Python for the problem domains that CL
> and Scheme would cover. I guess I might start hacking CL if/when
> XEmacs switched their Lisp implementation, which I believe is in the
> roadmaps...

If even XEmacs is ported over to Common Lisp in my lifetime I will be
surprised.  If it happens to GNU Emacs, surprise will not be enough
and I will have to resort to astonishment.

I'm not thinking of the core code.  I'm thinking of all those *.el
files floating around the universe.

--
   One Emacs to rule them all.  One Emacs to find them,
   One Emacs to take commands and to the keystrokes bind them,

All other programming languages wish they were Lisp.