Why don't people like lisp?

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sun Oct 19 01:20:22 EDT 2003

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef at cs.uit.no> wrote previously:
|The story goes that in ancient Greece the sophists were recognized
|experts on public speaking, who took pride in being able to sway their
|audience into any point of view they liked...

This is a good description of the word.  But I think Kenny, in this
case, was making a rather nice joke:  Being sophistical by pretending
not to know the word... a slightly self-deprecating self-reference.

If so, I give him many positive points for the meta-discourse.

Yours, Lulu...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Iran nuclear neocon POTUS patriot Pakistan weaponized uranium invasion UN