Trivial performance questions

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 20 06:42:22 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > A quick inspection of the code backs up the empirical evidence,
> > showing no Python 2.2+ dependencies that don't have automatic
> > fallbacks (as with the attempt to include itertools).
>
> My, but that timbot guy IS good.  Envy, envy...

a) I'm pretty sure timeit.py was written by Guido (he's not bad, either :-)

b) Revision 1.6 has this checkin comment:

    Broke down and made it work for Python 2.0 and up.  (Older versions
    would have required refraining from using string methods -- too
    painful.)

    Changed the -s option so that multiple -s options are cumulative.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
  might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads